Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Solstice

Today is the first day of summer and the first day of my daily painting project. I am posting to let you know that I DID start on time, but I used some water-based oil paints that I have been wanting to try, so I can't scan it yet because the paint is still drying. The painting is 5" x 7" and has a big sun, and a few stars, up in the sky over looking five small trees. The longest day of summer made me think of a big sky.
I painted it at home before I headed to the studio for the rest of the day. Now that I am back at home and looking at it again, I like it better than I did when I first finished it. I'm not used to starting and finishing a piece in an hour (okay, just over an hour this time, but that's not a habit I want to get into.) I'll get it posted as soon as it is dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment