Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9.22.10, Equinox


sold
Here is my final painting for the Summer Painting-a-Day project. These swans are on Lake Annecy, in Southern France. It was an absolutely gorgeous day when we were there last fall, so it was a nice memory to be reflecting on as the season changed to fall once again. This is an oil painting.

I am really happy that I took this project on, and count it as successful—94 paintings, a new painting every day for three months. I did some experimenting, some exploration, and a lot of contemplation and looking back at old sketch books and ideas.

If you have been a regular reader of my posts, thank you very much. Knowing there were some people out there keeping their eye on me definitely kept me on track and helped me stay committed to the project.

While I won't be maintaining the same pace, I am going to continue doing these small "study" paintings. I am not going to commit to any schedule, but I will continue to post periodic postcard sized paintings. You can sign up for an email alert for new posts through the link over on the top right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment