Friday, July 12, 2013

Week 3 – Tangle of Bright Red Blossoms

This is a prime example of what comes naturally to me. I did not use reference for this painting. I started with the inspiration of bright red geraniums, and let the rest be informed by years of doing floral compositions. It has a little bit of a seventies feel to it, but not as much as I feared it would when I was less than half way done. The greens were originally more olive-toned, so probably the shift towards brighter greens helped.
This painting relies heavily on my well established style of graphic, bold line work. I have used this style in the murals I have done, and would be happy to do so again. This kind of composition could be comfortable in a residential or commercial area... Maybe I need to search out another mural opportunity.

30" x 15", oil on canvas, $400
(prints available)

No comments:

Post a Comment