Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 19 – Spawn

This week's painting was an experiment, which I really enjoyed. I worked with gouache and pencil on wood panel. I was happy to see how well the vibrancy of the paint held up on the porous wood surface, while still showing some of the grain of the wood. I hope to spend some more time experimenting with this media, and subject.
This week I did a little tour of southern Minnesota to shuffle art from the Crossings at Carnegie in Zumbrota to the Owatonna Hospital where my work will be exhibited November through February. I really enjoyed taking in the autumn countryside. I noticed how much "spring green" there is in the fall landscape. I am thinking that will be material for next week's painting...

8" x 6" gouche and pencil on wood panel, $125
(prints available)


No comments:

Post a Comment