Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 32 – Yellow Leaves & Birds

detail:

Here is the finished painting that I have been working on over the past few weeks. It falls into my Leaves & Fish theme (I need a better title for this body of work!). I mentioned long ago that I wanted to work on this theme (see my Acorns & Snails post). Some of my weekly paintings have been within the ball park of this theme, but this one ties in closely. And, I recently had some additional motivation on this front.

I'm very excited to announce that my painting, Leaves & Fish, will be on the cover of the NEMAA (Northeast Minneapolis Artists Association) directory this year. NEMAA is an amazing organization that is made up of more than 700 members who are artists or support artists working in NE Mpls. They print 30,000 copies of the directory, and use the image to promote Art-a-Whirl, the annual spring art crawl in Northeast Mpls.

I hope to have several paintings in this body of work completed by Art-a-Whirl, which runs May 16–18 this year.

Oil on panel, 24" x 36"  $600

No comments:

Post a Comment